- Las Fotos Project, a photography mentoring organization for teenage girls. They provide free after-school and weekend programming for girls from underserved communities throughout Los Angeles teaching them how to use visual and written expression as a tool to build confidence, connect with their community, and advocate for the changes they want to see in the world.
- Viva La Muxer is a celebration of International Women’s Day, an art and music festival and benefit event for Las Fotos Project. Viva La Muxer features an all women line-up of 100+ visual artists, spoken word performers, multimedia screenings, DJs, live musical acts, dance performances, a pop up marketplace, resource booths, a full service bar, food, and more!
- Theme: Mother Earth. Viva La Muxer will honor women working to better the future and their communities through environmental and sustainability projects and environmental activism.
- Viva La Muxer will spotlight community organizations that provide services for women and girls, along with women-owned businesses.
- Saturday, March 11, 2017, at 6 p.m. to 11 p.m.
- Plaza De La Raza 3540 Mission Road, Los Angeles CA 90031
- Tickets only available online at vivalamuxer.com
- In honor of Women’s History Month, Viva La Muxer celebrates the creativity and vigorous spirit of women who have contributed to history, and those working to better the future.
- Viva La Muxer attendees are from all ages and walks of life. They are joyful art enthusiast, music lovers, creative minds, community supporters, educators, students, parents, foodies, social, fun and friendly individuals.