When the temperature starts to drop there’s no food that tastes as much like a warm hug than a bowl of soup. Our moms were always right — a bowl of soup is good for the soul. And we simply can’t get enough of it. We stumbled across this wonderful recipe of Pumpkin Soup by @vegaliciously 🍲 Enjoy #BonVivant!
•2 garlic cloves
•2 tsp coconut oil
•1 tsp curry
•1 tsp turmeric
•2 tsp freshly cut ginger
•salt and pepper
•1.5 cups boiling water
•1 cup soy cream (or oat cream)
•1 can chickpeas
•1 tbsp coconut oil
•2 tsp spices of your choice
1)For the soup, peel and cut the butternut into small pieces.
2)In a pan add the coconut oil, chop the garlic cloves and the onions and transfer to the pan when the oil‘s already hot. Cook until golden.
3) Add the butternut and cook for 10 minutes. Whisk every now and then.
4) pour the water on the butternut mixture and add all the spieces. Let the soup simmer for another 20 minutes.
5) Once cooked put the soup in a high speed blender and process until creamy.
6) pour the mixture in a pan, add the soy cream and serve immediately.
7) for the chickpeas croutons, preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius. drain the chickpeas and put them in a bowl.
8) add the melted coconut oil and whisk until all the chickpeas are covered with oil. (You might need to add more oil). 9)add all the spieces you like (salt, pepper, paprika…), put them on a baking sheet and into the oven for 30 minutes.
10) top the soup with the croutons and ENJOY!